- Dawn InfoTek Inc.
- Toronto - Canada
- Job type
Dawn InfoTek Inc. is a professional IT consulting team that partners with major financial institutions, investment firms and government sectors. We have been dedicated in delivering cutting-edge consulting services and recruiting all levels of IT positions for our clients.
We are currently seeking competent individuals to fill the role of Java Developer on our dynamic team for our client, one of the big five banks
- Supporting existing project, as well as new development on new project
- Flexible to work on multiple projects
- Mainly communicating with BAs and developers within their team
- Understanding specs and conducting development activities.
- Deployment and existing supporting applications are secondary tasks to development (development is the main focus of this role)
- Role is focused on back end (no UI or similar involved)
Candidate Requirements/Must Have Skills:
- 5+ years’ working experience using Java 8 or above
- 3+ years’ working experience using Python or PySpark
- You have experience creating and supporting ETL integrations (batch and real-time)
- NiFi experience is an asset
- Capital Markets or Banking experience is an asset
- Dremio experience is an asset
- You have excellent communication skills, problem solving skills, and attention to detail
Best vs Average: A candidate who shows ownership of their work is the best fit.
Degrees or certifications:
- Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80.00-$100.00 per hour
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Toronto, ON: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Java 8: 4 years (required)
- Python or PySpark: 3 years (required)
- creating and supporting ETL integrations: 3 years (preferred)