- Cowbell Cyber Inc.
- Toronto - Canada
- Job type
"At Cowbell, our mission is to protect small to medium-sized enterprises by making cyber insurance accessible to all. Join our fast-growing team of diverse and passionate individuals on this mission to reinvent how businesses manage cyber risk and buy cyber insurance.
Cowbell is a fast-growing, next-generation cyber insurance provider, built on cutting-edge technology by a team of seasoned professionals united in their mission to achieve our ambitious goals. We believe in a people-first culture and know that great work isn't done without a phenomenal team, so we make sure to reflect that in our core values, benefits & wellness program.
In support of increasing demand, we are actively looking for ambitious people, who are not afraid of hard-work, ambiguity and a dash of chaos, to join our team and be part of a growing institution where they can hone their skills and develop new ones in a fun, challenging and dynamic environment.
If that sounds like you, we want to hear from you!
Cowbell Cyber is hiring a Senior Software Engineer (Python) to join our Data Science team.
What you will do:
- Partner with data scientists and business stakeholders to understand data needs and help build data products that scale across the company
- Drive the collection of new data from first-party and third party data sources and the refinement of existing data sources.
- Interface with other engineering groups in order to integrate with third-party APIs and service layers
What Cowbell needs from you:
- Proficient in developing RESTful APIs using Python Web Framework like Django, Flask
- Write modular, scalable, testable server side code in Python
- Develop libraries and frameworks to be used across multiple projects
- Address software quality issues as they arise and identify areas for improvement proactively
- Experience in data modeling, relational databases like MySQL, Postgres
- Bachelors or advanced degree in Computer Science or closely related field
- 2-5 years experience Python programming
- Familiarity with event-driven programming in Python.
- Experience working with AWS/GCP/Azure big data technologies
- Experience working with Apache Spark/PySpark
- Strong communication skills and experienced in gathering requirements
- Knowledge of database and software engineering best practices across the development lifecycle.
What Cowbell brings to the table:
- We are certified as a Great Place to Work.
- Nationwide medical, dental and vision coverage plus life insurance, long term disability and flexible spending accounts.
- 401K matching.
- Employee equity plan for all and wealth enablement plan for select customer facing roles.
- Comprehensive wellness program including unlimited PTO, monthly wellness day off, subscription to meditation app, lunch and learns, book club, weekly lunch stipends, happy hours and much more.
- Professional development and the opportunity to learn the ins and outs of cyber insurance, cyber security as well as continuing to build your professional skills in a team environment.